Facebook Page

Friday 16 March 2012

My Week In Paris... Day Five


Friday

Hi guys, so Friday was my regrettably my last day in Paris. But I wasn't going to let that get me down! Before leaving we tried to cram in as much as possible. Me and my friend had breakfast in Opera. We had a brisk look around some of the shops and hunted for a flea market but unfortunately we didn't find it. So not to be the disappointed British tourists, we ventured to the Catacombes of Paris. If you've never heard of the catacombes, they are an intricate underground tunnel system which has been used as a mass grave site for hundreds of years!



You seem to walk for ages in tunnels with nothing to look at. You think "I've paid to see this....?!" but all is revealed the further you walk.


The tunnels are never ending but some areas are off limits so I don't dare to imagine how big it is collectively!

 Chillin' yo.

Rows of bones and skulls stacked perfectly




Disrespectful maybe.... but at least the graffiti is appropriate!  

After this we went for food at somewhere I'm not sure because the tunnels stretch for miles so we obviously didn't leave were we entered. My rule about food? If the place is full of locals, the food must be tasty. So we ate in this boutique esque restaurant called Au Bouquet. It was really tasty and interiour was cool. It was like a graphic type tube station with white tiles and quirky details.





 
Chicken with risotto and Parmesan crisp. Yummy!



We then went shopping for a bit in La Fayette which was totally spontaneous but so much fun. We literally picked a metro station to get off at and that's where we went before going back to pack.
So we pulled our best 'sadface' and kisses Paris goodbye.



So this is the end to my diary blog of 5 Days in Paris.I will be visitng Paris again no doubt. I hope yous enjoyed reading it.
The week Paris met Kayleigh. That city will never be the same. 
Paris has broke my bag but won my heart!







No comments:

Post a Comment