Facebook Page

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Shopping Trip

So yesterday I took a shopping trip to Hobbycraft for some supplies I needed for my uni project. They have a sale on at the moment with some decent discounts so if anybody out there is needing arts and crafts supplies then you should head there!




I bought this Siesta embroidery hoop which is plastic and metal. I have been advised to buy this type of hoop as I mentioned to a friend that my fabric becomes loose after a while of sewing using a traditional wooden one.


I got this Siesta 10" Supergrip Embroidery hoop because one of my prints in which I plan on beading in to is 10 inches wide and I couldn't have used a smaller hoop and moved it along because it would distort the bead work. This was a must have!

While I was there I grabbed some beads too... These ones are The Craft Factory. I cant find a direct link to that company. I think they sell wholesale to companies but as an individual it is hard to find them on line. I bought black seed beads, silver grey bugle beads and purple heather rocailles beads (which look more brown than purple.)




I also bought these silver bridal beads... They don't really fit with my current colour scheme but I've decided if I am going to use them I could just spray paint them to fit my needs.


After I visited Hobbycraft, I went to Ikea to check out some new furniture and also got a bunch of tape measures since I'm forever losing mine! These paper ones are super handy for me...


Tape measures from Ikea


No comments:

Post a Comment